The National College Football Awards association is proud to present its national players of the week from 12 of its member awards for the extended weekend of Sept. 2.
This marks the first season the NCFAA has streamlined the process to release each of these weekly honors each week. Going forward, NCFAA players of the week will be announced each Tuesday at Noon ET through the remainder of the regular season.
In all, 15 total players are honored this week with three players earning accolades from two awards (Colorado's Travis Hunter and Shedeur Sanders and North Carolina's Kaimon Rucker).
Following are the NCFAA National Players of the Week:
- Bednarik Award: Kaimon Rucker, North Carolina (LB)
- Bronko Nagurski Trophy: Travis Hunter, Colorado (DB/WR)
- Davey O'Brien Award: Shedeur Sanders, Colorado
- Doak Walker Award: Dylan Edwards, Colorado
- John Mackey Award: Benjamin Yurosek, Stanford
- Lou Groza Award: Josh Karty, Stanford; Andrew Stein, Southern Miss; Brock Travelstead, Louisville
- Maxwell Award: Jordan Travis, Florida State (QB)
- Outland Trophy: Tanor Bortolini, Wisconsin (C)
- Paul Hornung Award: Travis Hunter, Colorado (DB/WR)
- Paycom Jim Thorpe Award: Tyler Nubin, Minnesota (S)
- Ray Guy Award: Ryan Rehkow, BYU
- Walter Camp Award: Shedeur Sanders, Colorado (QB); Kaimon Rucker, North Carolina (LB)
Founded in 1997, the National College Football Awards Association includes college football’s most prestigious awards and its 24 awards have honored more than 900 recipients dating back to 1935. This season, 12 NCFAA awards will honor national players of the week each Tuesday. For more information about the NCFAA and its award programs, visit the redesigned NCFAA.org or follow on X at @NCFAA.